Monohull design for luxury cruising
Matusadona was designed and built to be a luxury cruiser for Lake Kariba in Zimbabwe.
She is a steel monohull, built to withstand both the local storms and the submerged petrified trees.
Her specifications are as follows:-
- Length of 28.6 meters and beam of 6.85 meters
- 3 double cabins and 1 single cabin all with en-suite bathrooms
- 2 Caterpillar 3216 350Hp diesel inboard marine engines
- 2 Westebeke Generators │ 9.4kVA and 25kVA
- On‐board water filtration system (reverse osmosis) to provide purified drinking water in all outlets
- Inverter system for lights and some power points for the times that the generators are not in use
- Ice machine with a capacity to produce over 40 kg of ice per day
- Air conditioning throughout the Saloon and Cabin Decks
- Top deck spa pool and bar
Decorated in a colonial theme, with African hardwood timbers and furnished with rich fabrics, leather and Egyptian cottons, Matusadona has been described as “an intimate luxury lodge on the water”.