Zambezi Queen gets a new look
The Zambezi Queen was originally built by a private operator to run on the Zambezi River, at the confluence of the Botswana, Zambia, Nambia and Zimbabwe borders.
G D I (Pvt) Ltd was commissioned to rebuild the boat, and turn it into a luxury boutique hotel that would cruise the very shallow flood plain of the Chobe River. This rebuild was done on the banks of the Chobe River, with no workshop, road access or electricity. It was a mammoth task that took seventeen months, but the results were well worth it.
Her specifications are as follows:-
- Length of 45 meters and beam of 8 meters
- 14 double cabins, 2 with extra single beds, all with en-suite bathrooms
- 4 Cummins C4 engines with Trakdor jets
- 2 Cummins Generators │ 32kVA and 80kVa
- Onboard water filtration system
- Victron Energy 10kVA Inverter system for lights and some power points, for use when the generators are off
- Fully air conditioned
- Top deck spa pool, bar, lounge and dining area
- Aluminium sliding doors, shutters and sliding insect screens throughout